Oklahoma Emergency Nurses
Association is dedicated to
in Emergency Nursing practice
Oklahoma Emergency Nurses Association
The Oklahoma Emergency Nurses Association regional council is actively involved with state agencies, national and international organizations. The OKENA also provides active committee structures dedicated to education, nurse practice, trauma, pediatrics, membership, injury prevention and communication.
The Oklahoma ENA is dedicated to providing current emergency nursing information and education through our state council and chapter meetings, our TNCC and our CEN review courses lead by Jeff Solheim.
Oklahoma ENA is a non-profit state council of the Emergency Nurse Association (ENA). As a nationally chartered organization, OK-ENA represents the interest of emergency nurses and their patients in the State of Oklahoma.
The state council represents emergency nurses interested in promoting improved emergency care throughout Oklahoma. The dedication efforts of its members in the area of public safety, continuing education, nursing research, and promotion of the profession, serve to maintain quality of patient care and have a positive influence in the state of Oklahoma.
Here at ENA, our mission is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice. We envision our self to be the global emergency nursing resource and advocate for Safe Practice and Safe Care.
Our values, derived from the vision of our co-founders Judith Kelleher and Anita Dorr, guide our priorities.
- The inclusion and contributions of nursing in collaboration with healthcare partners to explore solutions to the challenges of emergency care delivery
- Compassion as an essential element of the emergency nursing profession
- And embrace inclusion and diversity in all interactions and initiatives
- The team-based delivery of resources that meet the highest quality standards of excellence for patients and emergency nurses
- Lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry for the discovery, translation and integration of evidenced-based research into emergency nursing practice
- Our Code of Ethics and adheres to the principles of honesty and integrity
- The spirit of philanthropy which allows the advancement of the profession of emergency nursing and improving the lives of patients throughout the world.
And we place the highest value on our members for their contributions to the care of patients and their families, the emergency nursing profession, and our organization.
The ENA Board of Directors’ authority and responsibility is to manage the affairs and provide direction for the association, determine policy, oversee the business and financial matters, and adopt rules and regulations for the conduct of its business.
ENA is proud to bestow a variety of prestigious annual awards to emergency nurses and emergency departments. These awards exemplify excellence in emergency nursing practice, local state and chapter operations, and emergency department operations.
ENA employees comprise a team driven to achieve excellence through professionalism, empowerment, and balance. Become part of our team and join today.
Academy of Emergency Nursing
Since 2004, the Academy of Emergency Nursing has honored emergency nurses who have made enduring, substantial contributions to emergency nursing. Academy inductees, known as Fellows, have advanced the profession of emergency nursing, including the healthcare system in which emergency nursing is delivered. This prestigious group provides visionary leadership to ENA and the Academy.